Dear School Business Professionals, We have been asked to forward the following information regarding the SACS Web System release update from May 18, 2023. Regards, School Business Advisory Services Team Santa Barbara County Education Office
Note: This message was sent on behalf of the School Business Advisory Services Team. Please do not respond to this message. Replies will be routed to an unmonitored mailbox.
To unsubscribe, click here<mailto:email@example.com?subject=Unsubscribe
A SACS Web System release update has been successfully deployed and tested.
The following is a list of the issues that were addressed with the latest release:
1. Form MYPI, End of Year Projection: lines E2a-E2c erroneously not pulling in the correct Fund 17, Objects 9750, 9789 and 9790 amounts 2. Form MYPI, End of Year Projection: Unrestricted tab, lines E2a-E2c erroneously not pulling in the correct Fund 17, Object 9750, 9789 and 9790 amounts. 3. Form 01CS, COE, Budget: Criterion 2C erroneously not extracting the correct LCFF revenue amount for the Prior Year and Budget Year. 4. Form 01CS, COE, Budget: Criterion 4B, the extracted amounts for total federal revenues, total other state revenues, and total local revenues are incorrect. 5. Form 01CS, COE, Budget: Criterion 4B, the First Prior Year and Budget Year, the extracted amounts for Books and Supplies and Services and Other Operating Expenditures are incorrect. 6. Form 01CS, JPA, Budget: Criterion 6B, the extracted amounts for total federal revenues, total other state revenues, and total local revenues are incorrect. 7. Form 01CS, JPA, Budget: Criterion 6B, the First Prior Year and Budget Year, the extracted amounts for Books and Supplies and Services and Other Operating Expenditures are incorrect. 8. Version History: When selecting Version History from the Left Navigation, the user is presented with an “Oops! Something went wrong” screen.
These system release update notes will also be made available on the CDE Financial Reporting web page at www.cde.ca.gov/fg/sf/fr/
in the near future.
System Version Update
The SACS Web System version has been updated to version 5.1. In order to clear the VERSION-CHECK technical review checks (TRCs), users need to open and save all forms and internal form checks, then re-run all the TRCs for both budget and estimated actual data types.
Accessing The 2023–24 Budget Reporting Period
Upon logging into the SACS Web System, users will need to change their context fiscal year to 2023–24 in order to access the 2023–24 budget reporting period. The context fiscal year can be changed via the Fiscal Year drop down menu; it is located in the top right corner of the dashboard, below the user’s profile information.
The online version of the SACS Web System User Guide is available throughout the SACS Web System reporting screens by clicking on the help icon (question mark) located next to a screen heading. The CDE has also published a Word version of the user guide, available on the CDE Financial Reporting web page at www.cde.ca.gov/fg/sf/fr/
under Web Application Release Updates.
Tips for getting an official status dataset
As you complete your 2022–23 End of Year Projection and/or 2023–24 Budget reports, please follow these troubleshooting steps to get an official status dataset:
1. Follow the data processing sequence to ensure forms are opened and saved in the correct order. The data processing sequence is available in the online SACS User Guide here: docs.sacs-cde.org/2023-24/News/Procedures/#data-processing-sequence
. Users should click on either “Budget and Unaudited Actuals” or “Interims” to access the applicable data processing sequence.
2. Open and save forms that may be affected by the release update, e.g., Form 01CS, Form MYPI.
3. Run the TRCs for all the data types, this includes
a. For 2022–23 End of Year Projection:
* Actuals to Date * Board Approved Operation Budget * Original Budget * Projected Totals
b. For 2023–24 Budget:
* Estimated Actuals * Budget
4. Ensure all required explanations are entered for Warning exceptions for all applicable data types. You must enter a text explanation. Do not enter a blank space.
We appreciate your patience as we implement updates to the system.
CDE SACS Web System Team
California Department of Education
School Fiscal Services Division
Office of Financial Accountability and Information Services